Friday, June 02, 2006

A Series of Unlikely Events

Follow this:

I bought the car on Sunday, and arranged to pick it up today.

They did a full inspection on the car and gave it an 15-month NH inspection sticker yesterday. New Hampshire, remember, has one of the most intensive inspection processes in the entire Union.

They cleaned it and handed it over to me with twenty-day plates today.

The engine went before I even made it out of town. The car didn't even make it home.

Let me repeat that: My new car did not even make it back from the dealership.

A parts estimate currently ranges from $130 to $170, depending.

Screw this. I'm going to Jersey. Maybe it'll all be over.

By the way, my town flooded again last night. It was awesome.

2 Comments:

At June 04, 2006 12:41 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Wow...you certainly don't have a boring life, Wyman! I'm sorry about your car and your town flooding...that's crazy!

 
At June 04, 2006 9:17 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Ben, with all your car trouble, I'd think you'd have given up and bought a moped by now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home