Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Office Outcast - Week Three

The Birthday Party

This one's my favorite. I did the re-write in the morning, shot it in a couple hours, and edited it in an afternoon. As Matt pointed out afterwards, on that schedule, we could do an entire weekly half-hour sitcom if we wanted to.



By the way, this was Matt's actual birthday party this year. I'm not lying. We made him come in and put on a tie and served him this birthday cake and sang him "Happy Birthday" just like this. This is actual documentary work.



Labels:

4 Comments:

At March 10, 2007 9:20 AM, Blogger Assistant Village Idiot said...

Best yet. I've been sharing them with everyone.

Your actors are getting better as well, which I suspect is partly their comfort and partly your directing. When I go back and look at the first one now it doesn't impress me, though I liked it when I first saw it. The timing and expression are just that much better now.

 
At March 10, 2007 6:50 PM, Blogger Ben Wyman said...

Nobody had ever done anything like this before, so it was fun to take them through the process every actor has to go through of doing what you're supposed to do without ever "acting."

It was great because it was such a rush job - the first week they're petrified of the camera and don't want to take the time to do anything twice, the next week their starting to relax and not push it, the last week they're just naturally starting to improvise little movements and gestures. It's been like teaching an acting class at drama camp. I love it.

 
At March 15, 2007 10:55 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Sword drills. I don't miss those.

 
At March 15, 2007 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff, Wyman. You make me happy. And proud. Whenever anybody's like, "hey, how 'bout that Office Outcast show?" I'm all, "yea, I totally lived across the hall from that guy in college. No big deal."

-Greg W.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home