Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Why no, I don't want any part of that, thank you.

There's a Facebook ad that keeps appearing next to my profile with a picture taken at a poorly-lit bar of a truly douche-tastic gentleman, flanked by two girls in very small tube tops. The ad reads: "I am lazy and a jerk and I make millions over the internet. Click here and I will teach you how."

Does anyone besides me feel that those two sentences do not naturally go together? And how likely would anyone be to look at this picture and say "I think I can trust this guy?"

3 Comments:

At February 18, 2009 6:32 PM, Blogger Sam said...

The really sad thing is that I think the ads are catered to the person. Example: I get a bunch of "Do you know U2/Bono?" quizzes and I'm a U2 fan. I'm not suggesting anything, just making an observation. haha

 
At February 18, 2009 6:45 PM, Blogger Ben Wyman said...

Touché.

 
At February 19, 2009 9:15 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I'd agree with Sam's assessment (sorry, Ben). I always have engagement/wedding stuff on my sidebar.

As an interesting note, I have a Yahoo email account. I opened a gmail account last summer since the Yahoo one used my maiden name and was starting to get way too much junk mail. Since I've been married now, every time I check my Yahoo mail there is always junk mail from "Michael Vincent" urging me to sign up for Christian online dating sites. Thanks for your confidence, Christian junk mail circles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home