Tuesday, March 24, 2009

100 Movies You Should See Before You Die

Yahoo! has created a list of "100 Movies To See Before You Die," which is making the rounds across the net. Cinephiles will probably have seen about 80, I would guess. I guessed - without looking at the list - that I would probably have seen about 40. Final tally: 45.

There's at least 20 movies that are on the list of "I need to watch this. Soon." In fact, at least a dozen are saved on my DVR, waiting impatiently for me to become classy enough to watch them (I'm looking at you, Sunset Boulevard). It's tough to find a couple hours out of the day to sit down and watch one.

Well, it's not that hard, but I just don't have the patience to do so.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 24, 2009 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only seen 24. Guess that means I've got a long life in front of me, since I'm certainly not ready to die.

 
At March 25, 2009 7:18 AM, Blogger bs king said...

81. That list is a watered down version of the Time 100 list.

I watched all the AFI top 100 movies a while ago, and have gotten about 2/3 of the way through their other lists. This just about guarantees that I will have seen at least 75% of any best movie list anyone makes. These things get predictable. I'm actually a connoisseur of lists now.

 
At March 26, 2009 2:12 PM, Blogger Ben Wyman said...

I was always very impressed you watched all of the AFI Top 100 list. That's one of the things I keep meaning to do, but end up just watching more episodes of "30 Rock," instead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home