Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Alright, so I'll read anything in my MSN folder

I came across an article on MSN, whose unfortunate first sentence was: "Psst: I won't tell you my name, but I know a lot more about your teenage daughter than you do." The title of the article was "Ten Things Your Teen Won't Tell You... But She Did Tell Me." The article didn't identify who it was written by, but I do hope that it was written by a matronly woman, or somewhere out there some incompetent male writer is going to be facing a lot of jokes for the next few years of his career. Man, if I'd ever written that, I'd be in handcuffs right now. It didn't help that the first bullet point in the article states, in bold, that: "1. I think about sex -- a lot." Class.

1 Comments:

At January 12, 2005 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assistant Village Idiot here.

The author of the piece knows about the subset of 12-18 y/o females who buy teen magazines and write to their editors for advice. I'm pretty sure that's not a representative sample. I'm going to guess that the girls who wouldn't be caught dead with a teen magazine are wincing over this. Unless they're worrying that they're the ones that are whacked, which would be a shame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home