Saturday, February 05, 2005

New Dragostea din Tei!

Those of you who have followed this site from its beginning (about a month and a half ago, and still going strong) know how huge a discovery this is. The guy across the hall from me showed me this video that's been going around the net of a kid dancing to some European song. You guessed it, it's O-Zone's "Dragostea din Tei" in all its glory. The poor guy, he's like the Star Wars kid: forever internationally remembered for his embarrassment, through the wonder of the technology of the modern age.

Speaking of the Star Wars kid, I've discovered how net-illiterate I am: I haven't seen any of the famous videos that transverse the net through e-mail, IM, blogsites, and so on. Until today, I'd never seen the Star Wars kid (that guy named Ghyslain who videotaped himself in a school video studio using a golf ball retriever as a double-bladed lightsaber. Some of his friends uploaded it to the net, it got onto KaZaa, and within weeks 15 million people had seen the video, and fans were adding lightsaber and sound effects), and there are apparently dozens more that everyone has seen. I've never seen any of them. I feel terribly out of the loop.

I don't really need to link to the Star Wars Kid, you can find him on the net without any trouble (there's a petition going around to stick him in Ep III, with almost 150,000 signatures), but here's one anyway, just because if you haven't seen it yet, you're likely too lazy to go look for it. While you're at it, you can check out some of the special versions that people have put together.

If you want to see the original versions of "Dragostea din Tei," scroll down the sidebar and click on the O-Zone version, and then the Lego Version. You can also check out my original posts on both the O-Zone and the Lego versions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home