Thursday, January 13, 2005

Posting at School

I believe that I'm posting merely for the sake of finally getting something down on my blog. After all, I've been here nearly a week, and my schedule has yet to calm down enough to really allow time for posting. I've realized I'm creating 4 films this semester. It's been pretty hectic, and it's only going to get worse. Here's this semester's schedule:

January

I've volunteered to storyboard with Greg Weidman for the movie that Asbury's shooting in HD. It's a pretty big deal. But we didn't realize that we'd be storyboarding the entire movie by ourselves. So we're going to spend all of January storyboarding, so that it's ready for shooting in...

February

The film will shoot Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday nights this month, but there'll be some Saturday shoots. And Friday shoots. Also, we might shoot longer than we thought. I'll be working on the behind-the-scenes documentary on what happens with the film crew. We also have to edit the movie, though I'll be more than happy to leave that up to Greg Breiding, who technically has that job, since he's leading this whole operation. Poor guy. Nobody else has to shoot and edit for this movie. Fortunately, shooting for the movie will be finished in February, or at the least in...

March

I'll be shooting my Script to Screen movie this month with Jeremy White, which should be incredibly fun. This will probably be my favorite of the films I shoot this semester, 'cause it's the one that I've got the most freedom with. Plus, Jeremy's idea is hot. Which reminds me, I need to meet up with him and start working on the script, because I also need to work on my Media Ministries script, which shoots in...

April

This one's going to be interesting, because as of right now, the script is mostly about sex. So I'm going to need to tread carefully on this one. But I think this one has the most potential of all my films to be something dramatically different, groundbreaking, eye-opening. But I'll have to edit it fast, because my Media Ministries and Script to Screen are both due in...

May

And then I leave. Whew.

Let me finish this with my current thoughts on the busy-ness of my life: I'm not going to care. I mean it. I'm going to be busy - but it's all with things that I love. I love filmmaking, and the reason that I'm doing all of these things is because I love filmmaking. So, I'll just put it all out of my mind, and live in the moment. Let tomorrow worry about itself. If you scroll back down to my New Year's Resolutions, you'll note that I said I wouldn't worry about my filmmaking. I'm holding myself to it. You can hold me to it, too.

This post is dedicated to Cassie, who is sitting here watching me type this post, and complaining that I spelled her name "Cassie" instead of "Cassi," and that I never remember anything that she says. But she's made up for it by giving me expensive chocolates to eat while I'm typing, and always letting me cheat off her in class. Therefore Cassi will also get rated today:

Cassi: 4 stars out of 5. Though she's whining about not getting enough stars. Oooh, someone thinks she's perfect.





2 Comments:

At January 13, 2005 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Cassi deserves at least four and a half stars. She says that we all know we adore her (haha). Oh, and you missed out by not reading Sabriel. I mean, Wicked is a great book, but the Abhorsen Trilogy (and really anything by Garth Nix) is simply phenomenal. Speaking of things you don't have time to do, try to carve out some time to watch Scotland, PA with us: it's going to be fun.

--Leslie

 
At January 13, 2005 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Four? A bit much eh? But you can do it--because you just can. It's sounds busy, but I dunno, you seem the type who can manage and not go too crazy. Oh and by the way, I want to see them all when they are done. I loved your last one you showed me--so I'll be especially excited to see so many lol.

Oh and I wasn't saying that I was perfect! I just wanted to know where I lost the one star. But being four out of five makes me pretty glad--when you first started to type a rating I was a little frightened. Thanks for the dedication and the rating, I appreciate it (and it made me smile).

Cassi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home