Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A new drifter just blew into town.

I added Caitlin's blog, Huruma, to the sidebar, I've been poking through it the past week or so and found of the sort of quality to merit a sidebar link. Her tagline goes like this:

22. Vociferous. Opinionated. Political. Female. Bubbly. Obsessive. Dreamy. The realistic optimist. Traveled. Hopeful.

It sounds sort of like an extremely specific personal ad to me ("okay, let's type in the word 'vociferous' and see who comes up. Okay, 'vociferous' and 'obsessive.' Ah, bingo!"), but if you've endlessly scoured True and eHarmony in such a fashion and found nothing quite like this, well, then you are welcome.

I'm actually not sure of her relationship status one way or another, so I may have given her unwont publicity. But fortunately, the readership numbers are low enough we can be sure I didn't send unwelcome hordes of greasy men in her direction. Well, I don't actually have a site counter, so I guess we can only be pretty sure.

4 Comments:

At September 27, 2006 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa a whole post on me? This is the stuff dreams are made of. I am in fact single and open to all inquiries. Men under 35 encouraged to apply, grease and all. As long as they can come up with a verbose description of their greasiness. Thanks for the mention Ben, you made me smile!

 
At September 27, 2006 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all...caitlin, love your response to that. Indeed, if a man can not adequately describe the depth of one's greasiness, they need not take the time to apply for anything. *laugh*

Ben, no site counter? That is very sad. That's one reason I gave up on my blogger account to switch to myspace. I had come to the conclusion that no one read my blogger.com account, and since comments are so few and far between, I needed some sort of epitome of numbers stating that my words were not floating needlessly through time and space. *grin*

 
At September 28, 2006 2:52 PM, Blogger bs king said...

Well Ben, I can tell you a couple things about your readership from the time you had a post up about how you posted on my site. I have a hit counter, so here are the facts: your readers come from quite a few different places. I got some states on there I'd never gotten before. I could give you firm numbers, but that seems to make you nervous. I'll just tell you that I think you're doing fine.

 
At September 30, 2006 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, pictures might eventually be posted. But first I have to get some. Maybe I'll take a trip to your Sears photo place and get you to take some sizzling hot photos of me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home