Thursday, January 03, 2008

Welcome To The Captain

My new thrilling discovery is that Fran Kranz - the goofy kid who starred in Jake Kasdan's The TV Set as the terrible actor the studio loves who ruins David Duchovny's pilot - apparently did such a fine job ruining that pilot that CBS has cast him in an actual pilot. They're very different: The TV Set had a show called "The Wexford Chronicles" about a writer who comes home, whereas "Welcome To The Captain" is about a writer who thinks about coming home but, uh, doesn't. Here's the link.

In other news, I sent a fawning e-mail to ESPN's fantasy expert, Matthew Berry, which he then published. Most people would be embarrassed to link to this, but I am apparently pretty shameless. I'm down on the bottom.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At January 03, 2008 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, shameless about covers it.

 
At January 03, 2008 5:53 PM, Blogger Ben Wyman said...

Yeah, the e-mail doesn't make me look good at all. I'm actually linking to something that makes me look pretty pathetic - it's just the thrill of seeing my name all up in boldface.

 
At January 03, 2008 6:58 PM, Blogger Assistant Village Idiot said...

And getting to announce to a large audience that you won your fantasy league.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home