Monday, February 23, 2009

NY Post Cartoon

I have to know...

Am I the only one who saw the cartoon and immediately thought that the chimp was supposed to represent Congressional ineptitude?

And then was really surprised that it became a huge, massive deal?


In fact, come to think about it, the three things our country has become outraged by in the past month have been:

1. This cartoon
2. A-Rod
3. Octomom

How are these the things that absolutely blow us up? I mean, during this stretch, a food company seems to have knowingly allowed salmonella into our food supply and nobody noticed.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At February 23, 2009 9:54 PM, Blogger Assistant Village Idiot said...

Some people live to be offended. They want desperately to believe that those who disagree with them are evil, and so lose all sense of proportion.

So, Bush=chimp is funny. Gov't= chimp is hateful because the head of the government is black.

 
At February 24, 2009 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you, all the way. And I wish people would think through things before they express them. It's my biggest wish.

 
At March 03, 2009 11:51 AM, Blogger Boethius said...

When I first saw the cartoon, I thought the chimp represented Congress as well. I thought the cartoon was in bad taste because of the chimp mauling that had just occurred. Of course, I thought they used a chimp to show that chimps go beserk and the stimulus package will result in the same disastrous results.

I would like to respond to your point about citizens going crazy over ARod and Octomom and not over salmonella. I believe the outrage comes from the knowledge that they will get away with their wrongdoing and hence the need to shout out how they have committed a wrong. You see, the salmonella poisoning is going to have consequences applied. The plant will be shut down (those poor employees), the owner will be prosecuted criminally and I am sure there will be many civil suits against him as well.

ARod will get away with it. Octomom will become wealthy from it. Of course, nothing will happen to Michael Phelps either.

Yeah, it is the injustice that causes the outrage.

Memoriesblogger: Is your comment whining about whiners? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home