Friday, May 29, 2009

Now THAT'S How You Do It.

I've gotten awfully tired of mediocre online promotions - The Dark Knight's was particularly spotty, as I recall, with both a clever "I Believe In Harvey Dent" poster campaign and a series of lousy YouTube videos - and that's why I'm excited about "Yo Teach!"

"Yo Teach!" is the fake and deliberately terrible sitcom promoting Judd Apatow's new comedy Funny People, a riff on the "Welcome Back Kotter" teacher-who-cares three-camera show, but if you stumbled over it (and lacked any knowledge of current pop culture) you wouldn't know it's fake. It's hosted on NBC.com, it has a real listed start time (Sept. 27th) and ad campaign "School's Back In Session This September!" Plus it stars Jason Schwartzman as "Mark Taylor Jackson," a completely unaware falling star.

There's both a clip and an EPK available. Watch the EPK first. In fact, I'll embed it.




My favorite bit is Jason Schwartzman's "hard to argue with that!" delivery in "Student Body." Is it just me, or does this look like it could honestly be a real comedy pilot on Fox five years ago?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home