Monday, April 25, 2005

Press

I've been getting a lot of press lately.

The "Script to Screen" class got a full page spread in the Asbury Collegian, but I was front and center in every picture they showed. We had a photo shoot, and the Collegian cropped out everyone but me and Jeremy. Then they also showed our movie poster for Leaves. Oh, and I was on the front page, in a cropped picture showing me in a strange position, beckoning the readers to head to the A&E page. Did I mention that I was the only student quoted in the article? I'm quoted several times, including an incredibly out-of-context block quote in the middle (the only part people read) that says "Media majors aren't just stuck-up. They can put out some good stuff." Kill me.

Also, I was in the Lexington Herald-Leader (do we want to be the Herald or the Leader? Let's compromise) in the Arts section, with a big ol' picture of me in the front. Most of the article's content was about Peracchio and Ladd's decision to translate their film (Mug) into Spanish since their audio was bad, but the picture is of me and Jeremy, and Leaves got a mention, too. Good stuff.

Also, the Collegian was low on content, and the managing editor's a fan of Ten-Four, Good Buddy, so my review of Fever Pitch (see below) ended up getting a column, alongside a picture of my face that they found somewhere. The blog got a mention, too.

All in all, a solid week for press, when you add it all together. The Asbury Film Festival starts on Friday - if I get a chance, I'll throw some film festival posters on the site so everyone can take a look. It'll make you as excited as I am.

5 Comments:

At April 27, 2005 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, look, I actually read your blog like you told me to. *gasp* AND I added it to my bookmarks! So I've stopped being lazy and I'll read your blog--now you read mine. ;) It's a wonderful mutually beneficial relationship, right?

 
At April 27, 2005 2:22 PM, Blogger Tony Grant said...

Hey I want both of you to check out my site www.lovesbible.com it's cool. I like the ten-four good buddy. That's CB right?

 
At April 28, 2005 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, famous one. Send copies of your press releases home so we can enjoy them too! MUM

 
At April 29, 2005 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your the only student quoted because you were the only student who would respond. Apparently others just ignored the email.

I'm sorry Noelle messed up the captions/pull out quote. It bothers me as much as you (probably more). Especially since on a really bad day I had to walk into the cafeteria to hear you guys make fun of my article. Especially since the other guy criticizing it looked at me and basically said we, as in all the Collegian writer's, lie. That was hurtful.

I could go on and on about this, and more but I won't. The Collegian has its issues but its also very underappreciated. No one ever tells Writers/Editors/Photographs that they did a good job or anything. But Collegians keep coming out, and everyone stil at least glances at them.

Wow, I really should've just not responded, oh well. If I come across as mad in this comment--I'm not. Its just not a fun situation.

 
At April 30, 2005 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's EXECUTIVE editor to you, buddy. but yes, I am a fan. and thanks for letting us use your review. remind me to mail you some cookies while you're in Calif. next semester.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home