Sunday, December 25, 2005

Today? Why, Christmas Day, Suh!

So I spent the past two hours since everyone went to bed exploring ring tones for the cell phone. My phone's pretty cheap (it was free), so the sound quality is tinny, so a lot of songs that you'd think would sound awesome really don't. However, with a little effort, I've narrowed it down to half a dozen excellent choices:

"The New Year" - Death Cab For Cutie
"New Slang" - The Shins
"I Am Trying to Break Your Heart" - Wilco
"Take It Easy (Love Nothing) - Bright Eyes
"Run" - Snow Patrol
"Santa Cruz" - The Thrills

It's a tough call. I think I'm leaning towards Bright Eyes, but Death Cab and Wilco are right up there. But maybe that'll change over the next couple of days. I'm not buying any yet, because these suckers are expensive, and I know that when I buy one, I'm not gonna change it for months, so I better choose carefully.

Merry Christmas! Enjoy it! Go down to the poulterer's and buy the big prize Turkey that's hanging in the window, the one that's as big as you are. Come back with it and I'll give you a shilling. Come back in less than five minutes and I'll give you half a crown!

2 Comments:

At December 25, 2005 2:05 AM, Blogger Jihad Hernandez said...

Well, we already have a turkey, but my folks went to costco recently, so it looks like we'll be having Christmas prawns instead. Which is nice, because even if I ran down to the corner store for the big prize turkey, the store would be closed. And then I'd be bitter about the loss of a potential half crown. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and New Hampshire.

 
At December 26, 2005 1:47 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Sadly there is no prize turkey hanging up in the market window...reason is because Oregonians wipe out the turkey market at Thanksgiving and go after the pig market at Christmas. Does taking out a pig the size of myself count? I'm probably going to be eating left-over ham for the rest of this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home