Monday, July 31, 2006

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

It occurred to me, suddenly, that not only have I never played "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon," but I also have never met anyone who's ever mentioned playing it, or even heard of anyone in real life ever playing it.

It sounds like fun, though. I'd like to play it sometime.

By the way, my Bacon Number is 4: My dad is David Wyman, who went to college with and acted in plays with Glenn Close, who acted with Sissy Spacek in Nine Lives, and Spacek starred with Bacon in JFK.

I've also decided using IMDB to cheat on "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" is perfectly acceptable, or else I wouldn't have known that both Spacek and Close where in Nine Lives. Didn't see it.

5 Comments:

At August 01, 2006 12:55 AM, Blogger Kate said...

You aren't supposed to cheat?

 
At August 01, 2006 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know my degrees of Kevin Bacon. I grew up across the street from the brother of Michael Johnson, the man with the golden shoes, though. Remember, that dude in the Olympics?

I met him and got his autograph once, before he was really famous. I lost it though. It was a long time ago.

 
At August 01, 2006 5:37 PM, Blogger GraniteDad said...

I've played it.

 
At August 01, 2006 8:50 PM, Blogger Ben Wyman said...

Liar.

 
At August 02, 2006 5:30 PM, Blogger bs king said...

Ben...perhaps you were to young to remember (says the frog, using those extra two years for all they are worth) but Matt Bishop used to be phenomenal at that game. He didn't even need IMDB, either that or he found a way to access it on the back of his eyelids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home