Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bravo, Netflix

I called Netflix today and told them that someone had broken into my mailbox and stolen all my DVDs. I was already launching into the whole explanation when the rep cut me off.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! That's terrible!"

I was so caught off guard that I simply couldn't say anything for about 15-20 seconds. My carefully rehearsed "look, I'll it really wasn't my fault but maybe I could pay for half of them and we'll call it even" spiel died on my lips.


"Oh, it's... it's cool."
"I'm so sorry. Did you lose anything?"
"Well, I had a couple of Netflix DVDs and some magazines, and I was worried that I would get charged and than maybe I could only get charged for some -"
"Oh, let me go ahead and just mark all of those as "lost in the mail." That way, you won't get charged for any of them."

Okay, not only did she mark them all off as lost, she also put a note on them as "stolen," so that if I actually ended up losing more DVDs in the mail, Netflix could just look at my account and go "oh, these here were stolen, so they don't count." She even marked off an extra one as "lost in the mail," so when that one comes in, it'll count as a positive credit on my record. Hell, she complimented my e-mail address. Twice.

It's possible that she was just on a lot of drugs, but I like to think that this is just the kind of crazy customer service that they're offering over there at Netflix. And for that, they get my recommendation to all of you. Seriously, guys, I love this service. I don't know how I survived without it. Give it a test run sometime, it's worth it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home