Saturday, April 07, 2007

Good Friday Service

Around here, Maundy Thursday is the serious service - rather than focusing on the Last Supper or the washing of feet, it jumps straight to the crucifixion. Why the jump? Isn't there a big Good Friday service? Well, of course there is, but we wouldn't want to waste our time on the crucifixion. Not when we can have a rock concert! Woo!

In all seriousness, it's a pretty good deal. There's a cross-raising ceremony on Friday, and the bands we have play are by-and-large worship bands. And right before the big act plays, someone gets up and speaks for about a half an hour and lays out the whole Christ-died-for-your-sins-story, which I don't know why, but somehow it seems a whole lot fresher when you hear it outside from a stage than behind a podium in a sanctuary. It always has to me, at any rate.

I shot a whole lot of video at the concert, probably none of which I'll be able to use, but I thought I'd take some screenshots of some of the better shots that I got and make them into pictures. Here's a couple of the better ones from a band called the 71's, which is composed almost entirely of people I work with. I only put up six photos so you'd be more likely to click on all of them.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us





Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 07, 2007 9:32 PM, Blogger Assistant Village Idiot said...

You don't have any snow there. Guys in shirtsleeves...

Interesting take on serious Christian messages being heard differently when the venue is changed. Assuming for fun that it's true, what would we do about that?

One point for the Emerging Church, I think.

 
At April 09, 2007 2:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Happy Late Easter! Hope that all went well with the Easter service.

I love the fact that you keep changing your blog heading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home