Saturday, October 20, 2007

Time to switch out those TVs, people!

Well, the Smart Growth Conference has ended, and it seems to have gone pretty well. There were a number of little idiosyncrasies, though: for example, you know how I said I had just discovered I was hosting a tour of our facilities? Well, unfortunately, that tour ended up getting printed a couple of different times in the program in spots where it wasn't supposed to, so I ended up having to do a number of different tours in spots where I'd been counting on crashing for an hour or two. By the time the first day finished up late last night, I was running camera for a one-man interpretation of "Blue Like Jazz" (it was pretty good, by the way. Much better than you'd ever think), and I was falling asleep at the camera. I don't mean like "oh, I'm not on screen right now, I can snooze for a bit." I mean, "doing a slow zoom in on the lead actor and blacking out for a split second midway" sort of falling asleep. I was that tired.

Anyway, the post today highlights my friend Taylor Vinson, who graduated from Asbury in May, and after only two and a half months working in the shadows as a production assistant at a news station, has gotten on a piece on the six o'clock news - as on-air talent. For those of you who don't know how the hierarchy in news stations work and what it takes to get on air: that's a big deal.

Here's a link to the story. And here's to Taylor!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 20, 2007 3:21 PM, Blogger Assistant Village Idiot said...

You know how Steve doesn't get new equipment because he does so well cobbling together old stuff? The same thing is going to happen with you and sleep/deadlines/crises. People will just assume you can do it anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home