Tuesday, September 09, 2008

There was also one involving an Irish jig.

The "planned community" in which I reside has built a new plaza with a large, dramatic fountain dominating it. At some point there are supposed to be restaurants and commerce buzzing all around this plaza, but right now it's just a big lit-up fountain, the planning committee apparently subscribing to the Ray Kinsella method of economics.

I hadn't stopped by the plaza until last night and immediately regretted not seeking it out sooner. The whole plaza was picturesque and filled with plenty of mostly empty benches overlooking the fountain, but the selling point was when, about ten minutes after I'd arrived, the lights went off suddenly and a lone voice drifted out of an unseen speaker:

"Why are there so many songs about rainbows...?"

It was Kermit the Frog singing "The Rainbow Connection." And incredibly, the whole fountain was synched to do a light show corresponding to the song. I immediately commented to a friend, "I love this so much I think I unironically love it."

Here's video:

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 10, 2008 6:51 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Apparently those "planned communities" are all over NC. My cousins live in them and they're like mini towns centered around businesses and shopping centers with their own fountains and boulevards.

 
At September 10, 2008 4:31 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Kermit the Frog should be involved in every water show, ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home