Thursday, October 02, 2008

Tasty Fun for the Kids of all Parental-Supervised Ages!





This ad makes me deliriously happy. Heidi's favorite part was the line, "with adult supervision, even kids can make them all by themselves!" Personally, though, I think the highlight has to be this kid:



I had that exact expression through the majority of my childhood. A particular highlight would be the time my parents had trustingly left my brother and I alone one evening with instructions to "make ourselves dinner." To their credit, we were more than old enough for that to be acceptable, though they certainly came to regret it.

We tried to make waffles but only succeeded at somehow melding the waffle iron together. Leaving it smouldering in the sink, we tried instead to make Swedish pancakes, which involves a special skillet and common sense, only one of which we had.

To make long story short, my parents have to keep one end of their kitchen table permanently covered in order to hide an extremely noticeable burn in the shape of a large, dimpled skillet.

For the record, everyone agrees that using the microwave to make S'mores is out-and-out cheating. You brave the dangers of the open flame and toast the sucker, even if the S'more ends up being about 35% carbon by the time you choke it down. That scared kid had the right idea all along. Attaway, kid.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At October 04, 2008 4:25 PM, Blogger Assistant Village Idiot said...

"...only one of which we had." ROTFLMAO. I don't know how you are ever going to get to use your talent for comedic writing to make a living - tough and fairly random entry requirements there - but you have the gift. Never doubt that you have some ability to simply write and entertain.

 
At October 04, 2008 8:19 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Holiday themed s'mores? Seriously, I'm disappointed.

My college roommate and I used to have "peep wars" in our microwave. Set the marshmallow birds facing each other with toothpicks for swords. Turn on the microwave and watch the spinning battle begin! When the marshmallows expand, one will inevitably burst the other, leaving that peep's owner the victor. It's good, old-fashioned, messy fun. Much better than neatly compressed red, white and goo "s'mores".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home