Friday, February 06, 2009

I want to go to there.

Coming this spring is a new book called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which features the original text of the Jane Austen novel juiced up with “all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie mayhem.”

While I was hesitant at first to embrace the idea of ripping off Austen's most beloved work so ridiculously, I was sold by the first line: "“It’s a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains.”

My, uh, half-birthday is coming on March 8th, by the way.

P.S. Bad news, though. It turns out that Jesus hates zombies.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 07, 2009 10:41 PM, Blogger Assistant Village Idiot said...

But that doesn't mean that Jesus disapproves of stories about zombies in the slightest. Stories where the undead get their just desert (yes, that is the correct usage - think "deserving") should even pass muster for church camp. Not confirmation or Sunday School, though.

 
At February 08, 2009 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This picture is freaking me out. Can you either get rid of it or write a really long post so I don't see it anymore? My word verification is bakin. Is this a hint?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home