Saturday, February 25, 2006

To sum up the story I haven't been telling:

I write my second (and clearly final) post from the International Broadcast Center in Torino. I'm sorry I didn't get to write more posts, but there just wasn't opportunity. Also, I didn't feel like it. I'm working up my Olympic journal though, which should be a decidedly saucy read, and I'll post the unrated version on the site. It's a pale comparison to updating as I go, I know, but I'm hopeful that most of you should get to hear all of it in person anyway.

To sum up though: I developed a real understanding of the freestyle skiing events, to the point that watching them with me in my snobbishness would probably be intolerable. I worked, hands-down, at the best venue and with the best crew in all the Olympics. I partied with Olympic medalists. I failed to learn the Italian language so completely that the only words I can remember are "exit," "hat," and "nose." And, strangely enough, I developed a real appreciation of figure skating.

It's simply been fantastic. Ask me about it sometime.

2 Comments:

At February 25, 2006 9:04 PM, Blogger Assistant Village Idiot said...

We will trust that the appreciation for figure skating slowly evaporates to its proper position as Athletic Soap Opera in your consciousness.

Otherwise you can't come home.

 
At February 26, 2006 2:25 AM, Blogger Rika said...

glad to hear you had an awesome time at the olympics. I would love to hear your opinions on the aerials (and moguls too), since they are in my sport of choice. These days, Skiing and boarding are at the same level in my mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home