Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Important News

Congratulations are in order: Jonathan, my older brother and frequent commenter on this site, and his lovely wife have announced that they're expecting a child. Given our genetic pattern, odds are good that it'll be a boy, so sometime in mid-November we'll be welcoming another young Wyman lad into the world to carry on the name. Since none of us remaining Wyman males have shown any real promise in doing our part to continue the family name, this boy might be our last hope in that regard. Good luck, kid.

I, personally, arrived rather late, but I'm figuring that if Heidi does her part and sticks to the game plan, this kid should be hanging around by the time I swing home for Thanksgiving. Seriously, Heidi, I can only come home for so long and I don't want you to put this off until December so I won't get to see my nephew 'til Christmas. Set a schedule and stick with it.

I'm sure my brother is hoping I'll snipe at him and post about how even though there's a strong possibility this child will be named after me (the old "set the bar low and you'll feel great after he clears it" strategy), he left the responsibility for informing me about this bit of news in the hands of our youngest brother, who somehow managed to let more than a week go by without ever finding the energy to call my cell phone, until I happened by chance to call home on a night that he was home and he finally remembered to mention it to me in passing. But I shan't bring it up. I won't give him the satisfaction.

Congrats, bro. It's all very exciting.

4 Comments:

At April 25, 2007 11:49 PM, Blogger Queue said...

Congratulations, soon to be Uncle Ben. I'll refrain from making any rice related jokes.

 
At April 26, 2007 1:00 PM, Blogger bs king said...

Oh man, once you're Uncle Ben, you have to find a girl named Jemima. That would be awesome. Anyway, congrats to Jon and Heidi....yay for another little Wyman boy! (Unless of course Heidi decides to try to overpower the Wyman DNA and have a girl instead....

 
At April 26, 2007 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany, your grasp of genetics is weak. I'm a boy, so OBVIOUSLY it will be a boy. Duh.

 
At April 27, 2007 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben, I hope the baby comes for Thanksgiving too. However, mothers have no control over when their baby decides to arrive, just ask your mom. If the baby is a boy and named after you, my guess is that he will be arriving a little late.

-Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home