Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Benny Hinn Update; First-Date Movies

Not to take the wind out of anyone's sails, but I think that I'm gonna take a little time before I really launch into this war on Benny Hinn. I want to do some research, know my enemy, study him closely. Then I'll tear into him like a rabid police dog on coke. Until then, I'm still waiting.

I'd like to do some real posting, but things are getting busy, and so I don't know if I'll get a chance or not. But I promised I'd do one and I mean to: I'm still planning on doing a Summer Movie Preview, I just don't think I'll get a chance to do so before Spiderman comes out. Tomorrow.

By the way, I've heard tremendously good rumors about Waitress, out today. I saw the trailer and I think it could be - understand, I'm flinching while I say this - it could be this year's Little Miss Sunshine. There, I said it. If you get a chance, I would bet it's an above-average date movie - the sort of movie that makes your date say "Man, this guy/girl is something special - he/she's got taste, a sense of humor, and an eye for the diamond in the rough. To think, we could have gone and seen The Condemned. How awful an evening would that have been. We would probably have never spoken to each other again."

To be fair, I've had several excellent post-bad-first-date-movie relationships, and also seen some excellent movies and had all my prospects fall apart on the drive home. So maybe I'm not worth listening to on this front.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At May 03, 2007 10:29 PM, Blogger bs king said...

For our first date, the current boy took me to see Borat. He watched to make sure that I laughed at all the appropriate parts, feeling that if I passed that test, then I would be adequately screened for how I would react to meeting his friends. Not a bad strategy, that.

 
At May 04, 2007 8:42 AM, Blogger sleijster said...

know my enemy, study him closely. Then I'll tear into him like a rabid police dog on coke

Are you crazy. Where have you learned this?

 
At May 04, 2007 11:34 AM, Blogger Erin said...

This is what happens to your imagination and word choices when you grow up with books instead of TV and obsess over movie-making.

 
At May 04, 2007 11:52 AM, Blogger Ben Wyman said...

Painfully true, Erin.

There's a great bit in Freaks and Geeks, Bethany, where one of the geeks finally gets the girl of his dreams and takes her to The Jerk, and ends up breaking up with her after she hates it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home