Monday, May 12, 2008

This is how my luck normally goes

In my excitement about getting a new car that has lasted a full two weeks now without any major accidents, loss of parts, engine failure, targeting in nuclear attacks, gang shooting (I was worried about that one), discovery the hard way of a history of steering wheel fires, noticing any drugs in any crevices, or being hijacked by someone who'd gotten amped from playing too much GTA 4, I forgot to mention that I saw the flip side the other day. Since I've had such a very good first two weeks, it's easy to forget that for every car I buy that works, I've bought ten of cars like these:


No, not that car there, not the one you can see. The car that's two cars in front of that one. The car that's putting out all the smoke, of which I got this shot at a point when the smoke was least obscuring my camera.

The amount of smoke was so drastic that I arrived at a 4-way stop, saw a long trail of smoke disappearing into oblivion, and decided that "I have to see what that car looks like." I turned and drove down the road after it, and though I never got a good shot of it, I can safely report that if you don't take care of Chrysler Le Barons, they can experience serious oil problems.

When I finally saw the car, I drove back down the road the other way to see how long the trail of smoke was. It was two miles before it even started to dissipate.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 13, 2008 3:56 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Ah, and here I thought you had windshield clarity issues with your car! Steering wheel fire? Don't think I ever heard that one...

 
At May 14, 2008 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister and my dad and I used to share a Chrysler LeBaron! And then it became just my sister's. Trust me, even if you do take care of those, they still have serious oil problems. Oh the adventures we had in that car...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home