Friday, May 04, 2007

Transportation

On the way to work today, I passed a large truck transporting about 20 or so cows northbound on the highway. As I neared the cab, I saw that it had the Texas State Seal on it, and I glanced to see what department was transporting the cattle - the Department of Agriculture seemed most likely, but I thought maybe another department might have a reason to be transporting two dozen bovines, so I glanced at the logo as I passed. The truck - and it's assumable, therefore the cows - belonged to the Department of Criminal Justice.

I spent the whole rest of the trip trying to come up with a good explanation for the whole situation. I haven't come up with anything yet.


By the way, can someone come up with a good term for jailed bovines? The best I could do was "cowvicts."

3 Comments:

At May 04, 2007 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incowcerated.

By the way, the first thought that came to mind when I saw the subject line Transportation was, "Oh no, Ben's killed ANOTHER car."

 
At May 04, 2007 2:18 PM, Blogger Assistant Village Idiot said...

They were from the county farm...

Or perhaps just udderworld figures.

 
At May 04, 2007 2:19 PM, Blogger Assistant Village Idiot said...

Ooh , I like Laura's answer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home